Updates on the updates to GPSLog Labs are lagging a bit, but here's some of what's been happening lately:
- The log file chopping logic has been tweaked a little to
hopefully avoid creating as many unwanted "unnamed places":
- Auto created places must now be further away from known places before they'll be created.
- Auto created places won't be used to chop logs between known places. If you do want the auto created place, after you name it, if you reprocess the log then it will be cut properly.
- There were also a few bug fixes that should make detection of places more accurate.
- There's better support for editing and filtering of large log files.
- The little milestone markers now have a small arrow attached to indicate the approximate direction of travel at that point:
- There's now a filter on the logs tab for a place that lets you narrow down the activity by tag:
- The log file editing page has been tweaked to make finding some
of the commands easier, the menu now includes the "Add a Place" and
"Manually create segments" commands that were previously a little
hard for some users to find:
It's now possible to change the Route or Tags directly from the edit page for an activity after they have been set:
- The "Select tags" popup now allows quick selection of sets of tags from those used previously on other activity on the same route:
- Speed vs time graphs when you're editing and filtering log files now have a "scale" selection, that will allow you to see detail in log files which was previously hidden by large speed spikes caused by GPS errors: In this example, the actual activity is completely obscured by the 5,000 km/h errors... Selecting a maximum of 50 km/h on the scale means you can see the activity properly and edit it as required:
- There's a new "Inverse position filter" available, that is the opposite of the Position filter. i.e. it will discard points outside the given circle.
|← Previous post||Next post →|